SCC offers residents many ways to become active and engaged in the community through a number of volunteer programs
Are you interested in Volunteering? Click Here
- Security Patrol – Provides the residents of Sun City Center with the security of trained neighbors who watch out for the community. The Security Patrol presence is a constant reminder that there is someone out there who cares. They are the eyes and ears of the community.
- SCC Library – 40 volunteers generously donate their time to help make the library a fine asset to the community.
- Home Owner Associations – There are over 100 HOA’s in SCC.
- Club Officers and Directors – Residents who want to become more active in the day-to-day operation of the various clubs may wish to run for office or serve on the club board.
- CA Board – The SCC Community Association is managed by a 9 member board of directors. All SCC residents are eligible to serve on the board. Three directors are elected each year, and serve a term of 3 years.
- Sun City Center Connects – Get Active, Get Connected, Get Involved, for more information Click Here .
- Samaritan Services and SCC Ride – Provides transportation for ambulatory residents to medical appointments in Brandon, Bradenton and Tampa. SCC Ride provides transportation for in-town appointments and shopping. Samaritan Services also coordinates the Meals on Wheels program and provides Alzheimer’s respite care.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) – CERT is designed to complement professional Fire and Police organizations in disaster situations where uniformed fire, rescue, and medical services are overwhelmed. CERT self-activates in disaster situations
- Emergency Squad – Emergency medical services are provided by an all-volunteer Emergency Squad supported by an annual donation from residents and local organizations. The Squad is equipped with four basic life support ambulance units and three wheelchair transport vehicles.
- CA Information Center
- There are many other areas for volunteer opportunities.