SCC offers residents many ways to become active and engaged in the community through a number of volunteer programs
- Security Patrol – Provides the residents of Sun City Center with the security of trained neighbors who watch out for the community. The Security Patrol presence is a constant reminder that there is someone out there who cares. They are the eyes and ears of the community.
- SCC Library – 40 volunteers generously donate their time to help make the library a fine asset to the community.
- Home Owner Associations – There are over 100 HOA’s in SCC.
- Club Officers and Directors – Residents who want to become more active in the day-to-day operation of the various clubs may wish to run for office or serve on the club board.
- CA Board – The SCC Community Association is managed by a 9 member board of directors. All SCC residents are eligible to serve on the board. Three directors are elected each year, and serve a term of 3 years.
- Good Samaritans and SCC Ride – Provides transportation for ambulatory residents to medical appointments in Brandon, Bradenton and Tampa. SCC Ride provides transportation for in-town appointments and shopping. The Samaritans also coordinate the Meals on Wheels program, have an Alzheimer’s support group, provide Alzheimer’s respite care, and can provide short-term companion care.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) – CERT is designed to complement professional Fire and Police organizations in disaster situations where uniformed fire, rescue, and medical services are overwhelmed. CERT self-activates in disaster situations
- Emergency Squad – Emergency medical services are provided by an all-volunteer Emergency Squad supported by an annual donation from residents and local organizations. The Squad is equipped with four basic life support ambulance units and three wheelchair transport vehicles.