“Hospitals, doctors, security and emergency services are all right here in Sun City Center”
- The South Bay Hospital 112-bed HCA facility is within 2 miles of every home in Sun City Center. It has a state-of-the-art emergency room with extensive diagnostic and treatment services. A major expansion/renovation began in June 2015. Also, the new Saint Joseph’s Hospital South opened in 2015. It is just 5 miles from the heart of our community. It is a 90-bed, full-service hospital offering outpatient services, intensive care, a 14-bed maternity unit, imaging, lab, surgical services, and more.
Hillsborough County EMS
- The Hillsborough County Emergency Medical Services Station 28 is located on the South side of County route 674, adjacent to SCC.
SCC Emergency Squad
- Free Basic Life Support ambulance service is provided 7 days a week, 24 hours a day by over 300 resident volunteers. Training for EMTs and other support personnel is provided. Funding is by donations, and staffing is drawn from people just like you. Neighbors helping neighbors is more than just a slogan.
Hillsborough County Sheriff
- The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office maintains a Community Substation in the heart of SCC. The Substation has a Community Resource Deputy assigned full time to assist SCC residents.
- Some 1,200 resident volunteers cover the entire community in brightly marked cars looking for anything that seems out of place or clearly needs attention. They carry no arms but have radios to alert the nearby sheriff’s office when necessary. Sun City Center has the lowest crime rate in the county.
- Free local daytime transportation is available for any social purpose. Many residents do not own an automobile, so they call “SCC Ride” to get to a store or to a neighbor for a game of bridge or just a chat.
We have another free service with volunteer drivers taking residents who are unable to drive themselves to medical appointments within a 50-mile radius of our community. It is door-to-door. What more could you ask for?
- “Lifeline”, a volunteer service of the Men’s Club, is provided to any resident who wants it. They only pay a small monitoring fee. When help is needed, the user just presses the button to notify emergency services 24 hours per day.
- The immediate SCC area contains a number of Churches and Synagogues.