Sun City Center has numerous golf courses to play and enjoy what ever skill level you have.
There are many Golf Courses in and around Sun City Center. Golf associations for golf courses located within the boundaries of the community are listed below. For a list of all golf courses in the area, click: Area Golf Courses.
CALOOSA GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB
Caloosa Golf & Country Club has organized play at all skill levels for its members:
- Five tees at each hole offers course distances for all skill levels
- 8 men’s golf groups
- 9 women’s golf froups
- Open tee times daily
- Weekly and monthly mixers/scrambles for couples
- Club sponsored tournaments for men, women and couples throughout the year including the President’s Cup, Member/Member and Member/Guest tournaments
- Competitions with other golf clubs in and around Sun City Center
- A unique four loop layout allows clubhouse access every 4 or 5 holes
- Golf cart storage available in our cart barn for a nominal fee
- Unlimited range balls at our driving range, two practice putting greens, pitching area with two sand bunkers
For more information visit our website at www.golfcaloosa.com and fill out a contact form.
HOGAN GOLF CLUB
Purpose: Provide a form for all Sun City Center and Kings Point residents who choose to play public golf courses including any WCI courses offered for public play.
Meetings: A least one meeting, aka General Meeting, shall be held every two years. A quorum shall be 25% of the current members.
Membership: Membership is open to current Community Association and Kings Point members.
SCC GOLF & SOCIAL CLUB, INC.
The SCC Golf & Social Club is an umbrella organization for the golf associations, both men’s and women’s; to represent the golfers who are members of the golf courses in the Community Association area of responsibility; to work with the golf course owners to offer weekly golf matches for men and women, plus special events throughout the year; to work with the CA and golf courses to promote and preserve our golf benefits here in Sun City Center.
Web Page: www.sccgsc.org
Purpose: To promote, for its members, the game of golf and good fellowship, to represent our members’ interests and access to the golf amenities, and to cooperate and work with the owners of these facilities and the Community Association to achieve these results.
Structure: The Golf & Social Club (G&SC) does not operate within the physical bounds of the Community Association (CA) campus and hence is not covered by CA insurance. To that end, the G&SC was incorporated in the state of Florida and a Directors and Officers insurance policy was obtained. This allows the club’s board members and officers to operate with a degree of assurance that they are free of legal action.
Men’s Golf Association (MGA)
This group of men competes in an 18-hole format. Along with special tournaments and social events, they play weekly on Thursday at the Sandpiper Course. The starting time varies depending on the time of year.
Women’s 9-Hole Golf Association (WGA-9)
We are a friendly and welcoming group, with league play at 12:30 PM Thursdays at Sandpiper. Club membership is not required, so all ladies in SCC can pay to play. We have no dues, but there is a charge for a handicap for non-members. Come join us!
For those who wish to have a USGA sanctioned handicap and are not members of the WCI golfing community or for those who wish to support the G&SC in their efforts to preserve golf in SCC. Our courses are important to all residents and must be vigorously protected.
- Special events are held with other clubs, mainly, Falcon Watch (KP) and Caloosa Golf and country Club members.
- Special tournaments are held throughout the year such as member-guest, member-member, club championships, and mixers.
- The G&SC acts as a liaison between its members, the course owners, other SCC golf organizations, and the Community Association (CA)
SCC WOMEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION(18 hole)
Purpose: To encourage the development and participation of women golfers in Sun City Center within the guidelines of the USGA.
Membership: This association is open to women members of the North Lakes, Sandpiper and Renaissance golf courses. The 18 hole division (not a part of the SCCGSC) is open to all women who want to play 18 holes. Handicap is limited to no more than 40. They have a full 52 week schedule of events which includes 5 major tournaments. The division operates under it’s own elected Board of Directors. At this point all handicaps are established through GolfNet.